Saturday, July 26, 2008

HOMELESS

I am tired.

I have walked.
Through the immobile rocks,
As the foam dies trying to paint them white…

And now,
I have come home.
To the abandoned sea cove.

I need to lie face down.
Foetal.
Knees tucked inside.
Draped in my wet wings.

And shiver.

For Tomorrow,
I have to wake up
And smile drowsily,
As the morning paints my iris.
And slowly watch the coffee
in the other mug get cold


Tell the gale
To turn it down a notch.
I need to listen
To the white noise,
And make it into a song.
And Turn off the stars.
I need to sleep tonight.

3 comments:

tropical seagull said...

brilliant. i feel a strange sense of de ja vu as i read ur poems.. do u happen to be a medico?

Mute Rain said...

hey sharath, firstly, thank you for taking time out to read my stuff. and am glad you could connect to them. would have liked to view your blog as well, but it seems its not available. No, am not a medico :) I just finished my graduation in biotechnology and will be starting B-school soon :)

cosmosterone said...

i see.. thats cool. forgot where i came by ur profile on orkut. so couldnt scrap u.. anyway.. he's where u can reach me.
www.concosmofcreation.blogspot.com

Creative Commons License
muterain.blogspot.com and it's contents by Shruti Narayanswamy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.